Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Taò Phớ


August breakfast theme - every morning I get a drink called Taò Phớ (a blend of soy and sugar) from this lady. Her entire set up is mobile, and she carries everything across her shoulders while looking for customers

Saint Paul (MN), USA - Bellefonte (PA), USA - Menton, France - Monte Carlo, Monaco - New York City (NY), USA - Tel Aviv, Israel - Hyde, UK - Port Angeles (WA), USA - Mainz, Germany - Stockholm, Sweden - Paderborn, Germany - Singapore, Singapore - Haninge, Sweden - Nottingham, UK - Ampang (Selangor), Malaysia - Manila, Philippines - Boston (MA), USA - Seoul, Korea - Singapore, Singapore - Joplin (MO), USA - Chandler (AZ), USA - Paris, France - Sequim (WA), USA - Greenville (SC), USA - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - Boston (MA), USA - Chennai, India - Madison (WI), USA - Baton Rouge (LA), USA - Toulouse, France - Seattle (WA), USA - Mexico (DF), Mexico - La Antigua, Guatemala - Selma (AL), USA - Wassenaar (ZH), Netherlands - Albuquerque (NM), USA - Cleveland (OH), USA - San Diego (CA), USA - Lubbock (TX), USA - Jakarta, Indonesia - Sheki, Azerbaijan - Sydney, Australia - Mumbai, India - Seoul, South Korea - Cottage Grove (MN), USA - Cypress (TX), USA - Saarbrücken, Germany - Tuzla, Bosnia and Herzegovina - New Orleans (LA), USA - Budapest, Hungary - Kyoto, Japan - Tokyo, Japan - Austin (TX), USA - Singapore, Singapore - Villigen, Switzerland - Montréal (QC), Canada - Stayton (OR), USA - Melbourne, Australia - Silver Spring (MD), USA - Moscow, Russia - Springfield (MO), USA - Inverness (IL), usa - Arlington (VA), USA - Cologne (NRW), Germany - Anderson (SC), USA - Oslo, Norway - Saint-Petersburg, Russian Federation - Manila, Philippines - Kajang (Selangor), Malaysia - Maple Ridge (BC), Canada - Bandung (West Java), Indonesia - Stavanger, Norway - Bastia, France - Hong Kong, China - Wailea (HI), USA - St. Louis (MO), USA - Chicago (IL), USA - Rabaul, Papua New Guinea - Sydney, Australia - Bucaramanga (Santander), Colombia - Kansas City (MO), USA - Grenoble, France - Paris, France - Evry, France - Saigon, Vietnam - Prague, Czech Republic - Cape Town, South Africa - Brookville (OH), USA - Brussels, Belgium - San Diego (CA), USA - Wellington, New Zealand - Newcastle (NSW), Australia - Saint Louis (MO), USA - Sharon (CT), USA - Shanghai, China - Zurich, Switzerland - North Bay (ON), Canada - Lyon, France - Naples (FL), USA

24 comments:

julia said...

What I like to see, something different to our ways.

Kate said...

Soy is not my favorite, but I'd buy from her...she obviously works hard!

Jules said...

I'm not that keen on soy but am open to new ideas - I will try it when I am in Saigon soon.

Anonymous said...

I love soy and soy milk, as a matter of fact, but what I love about this picture is what julia said -- it makes me feel as though I'm truly traveling around the world seeing what others have for breakfast.

Zanabel
Olympia Daily Photo

Carol E. said...

Wow, I love this unusual (for some of us) photo. She's a tough lady. Give her an extra tip from the DP family!

Lavenderlady said...

I've never had a taste for soy...but perhaps prepared this way I would.

Sally said...

Great and interesting picture. I am not too keen on either soy, or anything sweet in the moring, so may give it a miss and have some green tea instead perhaps?

Neva said...

I still will have coffee but this is a great photo!

Anonymous said...

I've never had Taò Phớ and don't even know if it available here, but if you drink it every day it must be good. I'll ask at some of the local Vietnamese places; I'm always happy to try something new.

Gerald (SK14) said...

soy and sugar -- not for me thanks but I love the photo.

R&R said...

Such an interesting shot. It is great to see something totally different than what we're used to. Is Taò Phớ served warm or cold?

jbworks said...

Can I remember scenes like this from our trip thru Viet Nam .. sure can especially the banana fritters cokked on the street and the delightfully crisp french baguettes .. fond memories, ciao

Jilly said...

This lady obviously works so hard. I'd buy from her. Great photo showing your city, Simon.

Anonymous said...

Very nice photograph. I like the idea of your kind of breakfast and wish I was young enough to retrain my stomach to try these sorts of thigns. But alas, at my age the idea of anything new is a challenge.

Brookville Daily Photo-Theme Day

Waldo Oiseau said...

I agree with Julia, it's really interesting to see all the different takes on breakfast!

Olivier said...

c'est une belle photo, et une tres bonne idee pour le theme du mois


it is a beautiful photograph, and a very good idea for the topic of the month

Felicia said...

Salty and sweet...any caffeine in there?!!

don said...

i love soy coffee. in rotterdam two cafe's sells soy coffee. But a mobile point... we need that in holland

travelphilippines said...

i guess the Philippine Version of that is TAHO. that is soooo yummmy everytime i buy that i always ask the vendor to put more sugarsyrup on it.

Janet said...

Well, this is another way to do breakfast! I have not tried a soy drink. Nice shot.

Tomate Farcie said...

This is by far the most unusual "typical" breakfast photo I've seen so far (well for this part of the world) and it's also a great shot!

Z said...

I would like to try a little bit... maybe I'd like it a lot!

Anonymous said...

I am a Vietnamese away from home. Just want to add that in fact, we eat Tao Pho as a snack at any time of the day, including breakfast. Thanks for the photo and a bit of nostalgia.

MumbaiiteAnu said...

Interesting photo for the breakfast theme. She looks so simple and hard-working.

Related Posts with Thumbnails